June 13, 2013

Wedding Planning Bliss

You always hear horror stories of wedding planning. Whether it is blowing budgets out of the water, your venue double booking, invitations being completely wrong, or your hair stylist standing you up. There is always that little bit of worry of what you're getting yourself into when it comes to planning your wedding. I am only a few months in so far but every single thing is going perfectly! I can't even believe how easy and fun it has been so far! Ive already booked a venue that was he first and only one we looked at and we are both IN LOVE. There is so much included in the base price its even better of a deal than I even thought. I got my dress at the very first shop we went to. I had the everyone cries moment and I don't think I have ever felt prettier. I got my veil the same day and I put it on at my house almost every single day! Haha! I have found a photographer that I am obsessed with her pictures and she is well within my budget. I found a videographer and got a family discount so I can completely afford that too. My random roomie turned bridesmaid Lauren Huff is going to design our invitations, RSVPs, etc so I know I will LOVE them and everyone else will too! I have points from a credit card I got a while back so we have both of our round trip flights for free wherever we decide to honeymoon. I am not one of those people who has to have every single detail that I have always dreamed of but I do have a vision in my head. Every thing that I have found from my dress to the venue has exceeded my vision so much I could cry. It literally has been going to smoothly I feel like a disaster is just around the corner. My dad always says "You have not because you ask not." so I am making that my motto and people, let me tell you, IT IS WORKING! Do not be afraid to ask people for discounts or tell them you love what they do but they are just plain out of your budget. You will be surprised how incredibly helpful people really are. If you are rude about it, you will not get far at all. You do not have to spend $20,000 to have the wedding that you've been dreaming of. I am determined to be proof of that. I am going to look at bridesmaid dresses today with my MOH Melissa so hopefully we can decide on something! I did compromise though and we are having the ceremony outside so pray for clear blue skies on March 29, 2014!

No comments: