February 23, 2013

Valentine's

Every year, Valentine's Day comes at a time when we have a million things going on at school. We usually just go to dinner or something pretty simple. Our anniversary is on the 24th so we usually over-celebrate then. This year it was flip-flopped. We have finals week the entire week after our anniversary so we decided to celebrate V-Day. Josh made plans and I tried to pick out presents. He took me to the restaurant that we went to on our very first Valentine's 4 years ago, Chef Lee's. Then we went to see Safe Haven. It was so great and incredibly thoughtful (brownie points to Joshua!). My favorite part however, came before that. He was so excited about his present to me that I got excited and begged to do presents on Tuesday. I got him a couple of little things and some amazon gift cards to buy a new lens for his camera. 
I thought I had done pretty good...until he gave me my present. 
He got me one of these babies.
It is a Nikon 1 and I have been wanting one basically since I saw Ashton Kutcher advertise for it. It is insanely out of my price range (because I am a cheapskate) so I just gave up on it and was looking for something else. Imagine my surprise when I opened a gift and saw that! Not only did he get me the camera but he got me a bigger lens too (additional dollars I wouldn't have spent myself). I was so shocked and a little embarrassed! After all, I got him gift cards remember? Then I started looking for a camera bag because I am so nervous to get one little scratch on this beauty. Everything I found was either cute and $150 or it was a plain ol' boring camera bag. 
If you know me, you already know that my next thought was "I can make one myself". 
I bought this purse at Target with a gift card.


Then I bought a camera bag insert from Etsy. It looks just like this one but I got it in Teal. It fits snug inside the purse so its a cute little camera bag! I like my $20 price much more than a $150 and I got to pick my cute purse too!


Then I went a little overboard and bought this fancy neck strap because who doesn't love chevron and bows?!


I already knew Joshua was incredibly sweet and thoughtful, but this was just over the top. I am one lucky girl with an amazing man and now an amazing camera. 




No comments: