April 4, 2013

I'm going to be an Oliver

Wednesday April 3rd was a regular ole Wednesday. I woke up late so I had to pull my hair up in a bun and didn't really put on much makeup. I put on school clothes that I didn't put much thought into and went to class. Dr. Helms said she needed to record out facilitation for facilitator training, a valid excuse. We went through a full 3 hours of facilitation learning all about Hospital Acquired Pneumonia. Just as we were about to wrap everything up, Dr. Helms said they were trying something new where they bring in someone from another team to go over a Learning Issue that another team is having issues with. In walks Joshua. My first thought was why in the world did he not tell me he was doing a presentation for my group?! He said Dr. Helms asked him to come in and give a presentation via Powerpoint. He pulled up the presentation and at this point I still have no idea what is going on. I am still thinking he is about to teach us about the BUN:SCr ratio or something completely school related.
Then he starts his presentation and I finally understand...
He talked about how we met in high school (including hilarious pictures of Joshua with long purple hair!) and how I was such a good student in food and parenting. He moved on to how we reconnected when we both came to Auburn and started having classes together (he even included exact classes in the presentation). He talked about the one semester we were lab partners and thats where we started "talking". Then he talked about our first "date"...you know, that one where he woke me up from a nap on the couch, hair messed up, jeans and a t-shirt, to go on a double date with his roommate and his girlfriend who were dressed up. I came home and told my roommates "I think I just went on a date."  He detailed every little bit of our relationship. It was so thought out and you could tell he put so much work into it! Then he started talking about the important step of asking my parent's permission. Instead of just asking my parents, he also got them to make a video giving their blessing (This is where I start to lose it). Then his parents made a video too because their permission is just as important (more crying). Then to top off all of that sweetness, he got my 2 best friends, Melissa and Stacie to make a video too!

Then he said now there's just one more person to ask...

I stood up, he took my hand, said some stuff that I don't remember because I was bawling my eyes out, and got down on one knee.
Of course I said YES! (followed by an oh my goodness! when I saw the ring).
He put the most amazing ring I have ever seen on my finger and then we got to celebrate!
Pictures DO NOT do it justice. It is way too shiny and gorgeous for me to focus on anything!
It was literally the most thoughtful, sincere, sweet, personal, romantic, most amazing proposal I could have ever dreamed of. I cannot believe I get to MARRY the sweet guy who did it all for me. I love you Joshua!

P.S. Its all on video so if you want to take the 20 minutes to watch it feel free! (it doesn't include his actual slides but I will hopefully have that soon!)

Here's how:

Click this LINK
username: hsoppharmd
password: pharmacy
Click on the link for 2012-2013 P3 on the lefthand side under Video LibraryIn that list click on the link for IP Sessions (8)Click on the first one in the list that has April 3rd date on it. You will have to fast forward to about 2:55:25 when it starts (unless you want to learn all about Hospital Aquired Pneumonia! Ha!) And it goes from there! It is about 20 minutes long!

No comments: